MASKGI is a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to raising professional standards for those guiding and teaching sea kayaking and stand up paddle boarding on the coast of Maine. In accordance with our mission, we offer programs for guides, instructors, and the sea kayaking public.
John Huth's online course with Harvard University:
Learn to forecast the weather just by looking out your window.
What you'll learn:
- The role of air, water, and wind in weather systems.
- How to estimate local wind speed and direction.
- How to avoid being struck by lightning.
- How to identify cloud types and features.
- How to describe the attributes of thunderstorms and tornadoes.
- How to collect and interpret data and observations to predict the next day’s weather.